Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Mantle

It's the most wonderful time of the year. No, not Christmas, silly beans. The season changed which means season change of my mantle, because I like giving myself extra work like that (and I'm indecisive). The theme, coming straight to you from Captain Obvious, is summer.



I went to the little antique fair last weekend here in my town. I got a few finds, including that big crate right there that is labeled from Antioch, CA. I put a few of my usual stuff up there, some stuff were kicked out. They got TDY orders to other duty stations around the house (excuse the military jargon).

This summer mantle has a boat. I've never been on a boat, unless you count this bamboo kayak I was on, other than that, never. I like them too. I think they're cute. Well, this boat is more like a yacht. It makes me want to wear Ralph Lauren and a sweater around my neck.

Among new guests is my birdcage filled with a star fish from the Philippines, I got from Monterey and some rocks I smuggled from lover's point, a book and skeleton key I got from an antique shop in Pacific Grove from our very first visit to Monterey since leaving it in 2008. 


Another item I got from that antique shop was this Paul Gauguin book which I'm sure I've talked about before and my "wow how did you survive a month of not being watered" succulents and "and."

Here are some of the homies that re-directed. Like my never going to disappear nest. It's on top of my coffee table books on my *surprise*, coffee table.

I found this beauty at that fair too. I've always dreamed of owning one of these. Maybe even washing my hands and face with it in the middle of the night. That whole indoor plumbing put a damper on it though, so I'll just display it. Plus I also think it's a reproduction since it only had an $8.00 price tag, or I totally just got a super bargain.




My pussy willow vase that I cannot get rid off till all of the buds fall off is in my family room now. I think the height works well here. I wonder how long it'll take before they poke eyes out.


I had to kick out the giant tweed chair out of the living room. It was just way too big for the space, plus my cats thought it was a scratching post. I can't get rid of the cats because I love them too much, so we just relocated the chair to our master where it fills the void of the now fired Ikea Klobo. This is a view of the living room with my son.
Sans son.

Sans big chair. Now featuring, little rocking chair.

New corner for my living room.

I'm really enjoying my living room. I give it about, say, till October, when I get rid of all of the little stuff and re-purpose and re-decorate.






3 comments:

  1. Love it it looks beautiful!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, friend. it was definitely fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing this information. More information can be found in the dedicated profile Spacebar Click Test. You can find out how to measure the spacebar counter by clicking on the profile provided. Check out the profile Spacebar Challenge here and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete