Thursday, June 9, 2011

toddlers and baseball


I thought it was just all in our head for a long time that my kid may be having the slight bit interest in baseball. It didn't really occur to me and my husband how realistic it is and how much he's very into the whole thing till the horrible plate collision his favorite player, Buster Posey, endured 2 weeks ago. He and I even made this get well soon card for his idol. On a daily basis he asks for the game, imagine how much he asks for it when they have a day off. Now he doesn't actually ask to watch the whole game. He'll pop in and out but get upset if we dare change the channel. Typical 3 year old reaction. 




This is the real baseball I hid from him. He thinks he's Tim Lincecum and attempts to pitch it. Bad thing is he attempts to do it by our car.



So with much request from mommy, he just holds on to it, and cuddles with it. 


So here we are, hours from tonight's game (which is now showing as I write this), and he just sat there on the chair while staring lovingly at our fireman neighbor's big fire truck. Tonight, he cried and exclaimed "OHH BASEBALL GIANTS!" when Edgar Renteria received his WS ring. I don't even know if he knows what's going on, or maybe because I was blubbering like a fool quietly, but it was cute and sweet knowing now that he's getting older, he has his real interests and loves them truly, even to the verge of tears while eating a chocolate cookie. It might be a stage, it might be a life long thing. I'll enjoy it though for now because it's interesting seeing it through his eyes. His eyes just see the game, and the players, not the money they're paid, if any controversy surrounds them, if there's drama or what their records are. It's just plain sweet baseball.

1 comment:

  1. Great information you shared! Thanks! Thank you for sharing this helpful information. I always appreciate you for letting us know. Your sharing is highly appreciated. Additionally, I have a profile CPS Test. In Click Test, you can find more information. To learn how to use the new tool to prevent clicks while playing, read this profile.

    ReplyDelete